Welcome to WordPress.com. This is your first post. Edit or delete it and start blogging!
- Muni ok’s referendum on Tuna Farm
- Preparing for 2010 drought
- Photo Essay: On The Bus
- Manhattan girls love Tarzappa tours
- Video: Guided beach walk with Andy of Pretoma
- US companies give $$ for Osa reforestation
- Memores of Felix, condolences to family
Scroll down to read all Good Morning Pavones news
and Vehicle For Sale.
This blessing is necessary, but it does not provide the money nor the mechanism for conducting a referendum.
While mayor Jimmy Cubillo and candidate Eric Mora have said they are against the tuna farm, we are waiting for them to take concrete action. Only No A Las Granjas Atuneras and Pretoma are fighting the good fight. Donde estan los cojones en Golfito?
Unless it rains for thirty days and thirty nights, whatever rain we get between now and the beginning of December will not be enough to keep wells filled from December to June, 2010.
Aguas y Alcantarillas (the water utility) is saying it will be difficult to maintain normal water flows; they may ration water in the first months of 2010 in metropolitan San Jose. AyA blames current El Nino conditions and consumer waste. They predict this drought is worse than that of 1997-1998.
Of course, if we get moderate rains in December and January, we should be alright. But for now, corn and bean crops are failing, and cattle ranchers are considering culling herds ahead of the driest months of January, February and March.
People connected to the public aqueduct in Pavones know that the system is already stretched to capacity. The only viable solutions are to dig a deeper well or build a rainwater collection system.
Do it yourself, or employ local workers, but don’t wait:
- Video on how to build a rainwater cistern (English).
- Diagrama por Rio Nilo de Costa Rica (Espanol).
- Video para aprovechar el agua de lluvia, capitulo primero y capitulo segundo
- Dave Ravimicus know several men that could use work right now, and Dave is a retired drainage expert that will make sure your well or cistern is built to high standards. Email Dave at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kim Fioriglio will also employ local workers for your well or cistern system; contact him at email@example.com.
by Barry Donaldson. Enjoy.
Let a life long nature lover and monkey expert show you wild Costa Rica.
“My business will be built on referrals from happy clients. I look forward to introducing you to the wonderful people and animals of this truly unique place,” said William.
A visit to Tarzappa.com is a fun 5 minute vacation.
Andy Bystrom’s 7 minute film makes it easy to understand the problem posed by the Tuna Farms.
Footage of baby turtles being released, the beach waterfall, and a simple explanation of currents in the area.
Every $10 or $20 helps. Click here to contribute. The Pavon-district referendum will cost up to $15,000, and Pretoma is building a war chest.